The Great Lakes Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ohio Civil Engineering Jobs
The Great Lakes Construction Co. is an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company based in Northeast Ohio. We are continually looking for talented people with experience in the construction industry. From job opportunities in Construction Management to Heavy Equipment Operating, there are hundreds of Civil Engineering jobs waiting for someone just like you to fill!
Interested in pursuing a career in civil engineering and construction? Why not come work for The Great Lakes Construction Co.? We offer a competitive benefits package and competitive salary, as well as a fun, friendly work environment. Apply today!
Send resumes to hr@GreatLakesWay.com or mail to
The Great Lakes Construction Co.
2608 Great Lakes Way
Hinckley, OH 44233
Location: Cincinnati, OH
ABOUT THE JOB
The Bridge Superintendent is responsible for the safety, quality, efficiency, and timeliness of the project. This position will provide on-site coordination for all phases of the project, including material, equipment, subcontractors, and labor. While there are specific responsibilities and expectations described below, it is essential that the Bridge Superintendent be organized, possess good judgment skills, communicate effectively, and have technical knowledge of concrete and steel bridge structures.
- Develop, refine and update the project schedule
- Complete knowledge and understanding of contract drawings/specifications
- Understand project costs and manage company assets
- Create and manage project documentation
- Coordinate project operations including subcontractors and material vendors
- Knowledge of all regulations to ensure all aspects of the project are compliant
- Provide leadership and maintain effective working relationships with the on-site staff
- Enforce Safety, Quality, Efficiency and Core values
- Develop daily crew lists and manage field activities to ensure project completion date is met
- Lead weekly foreman meeting
- Develop two-week forecast to proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Maintain regulatory compliance for projects
- Ability to interface and maintain good relationship with owners
- Civil Engineering or construction-related degree preferred with no less than 10 years of progressive responsibility supervising bridge-focused construction projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask on complex projects
- 10+ years construction-related experience
- Able to meet deadlines and driven to closure
- Ability to read construction drawings and understand specifications
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position, the workweek for employees is normally considered 40 hours. However, the greater emphasis is placed on meeting the responsibilities assigned to this position.
- ESOP Company
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
The Great Lakes Construction Co. is a 100% employee owned company. As an ESOP Company (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), our employees share in the success and profits of the company. We are not just looking for employees - we are looking for partners to contribute to our continued success. You will enjoy the opportunity to grow as an employee owner in a results-oriented atmosphere.
The Great Lakes Construction Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran or disability status. The Great Lakes Construction Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Great Lakes Way ... Safe. Capable. Efficient.
SPRING 2021 Internship & Co-Op Opportunities for unique, talented and forward thinkers
The Great Lakes Way ... Safe. Capable. Efficient.
The Great Lakes Construction Co.'s internship and co-op program provides an experience of collaboration, inclusion, cross-functional career development and personal growth. We are dedicated to safety, efficiency, quality, integrity, and teamwork; and we truly value the contributions of our interns and co-op students.
Students who are ambitious, articulate, creative, hardworking, ethical, and who welcome the opportunity to make a significant impact in a highly successful, very dynamic, and rapidly changing business will be a great addition to our team. Great Lakes Construction offers paid internships and co-op opportunities to students currently enrolled in a two or four-year college program which focuses on Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology, or related fields.
The co-op position entails the use of general mathematics and science courses in addition to courses specific to the student’s discipline. The individual is placed on an active construction project assisting the Project Engineer in his/her daily duties. A Project Engineer at Great Lakes Construction is responsible for the measuring and reporting of all daily quantities of work performed, scheduling and coordination of all material deliveries, and the creation of daily production plans and reports. A successful student at Great Lakes will build his/her existing skills and explore valuable future positions within our organization.
The ultimate goal of the student and Great Lakes Construction is for the student to learn about the construction industry and how the course work relates to the work being performed, gain exposure and experience to the construction industry in anticipation of future full-time employment, and most of all, to have fun.