Our Northeast Ohio Community
Great Lakes Construction’s commitment to the Northeast Ohio community goes beyond the work we do on a day-to-day basis. Throughout the year, our employees dedicate their time and energy to community projects in order to create a positive change in their local neighborhoods. These projects vary in size and task. We believe this benefits not only the community at large, but also the volunteers as an investment in where we live. For employees, service fosters increased empathy, connection, and the ability to make a difference.
View recent Northeast Ohio Community Projects.
The Great Lakes Construction Co. puts a high value on workplace diversity, and is constantly making an effort to expand the diversity of our company. We are dedicated to the belief that a person’s background - be it social, economic, racial, age or gender - does not and should not have any influence on how they are perceived in and outside of the workplace. We believe that a diverse staff is beneficial in many ways, such as providing the team with a broader range of viewpoints, experiences and talents.
In addition, we are committed to engaging and involving the Community whenever possible. These initiatives are accomplished through several efforts: Business development, Workforce Development and Youth Education.
The Great Lakes Construction Co. is proud to be involved in the following programs:
- Akron Public Schools Vocational Studies Program
- ODOT Mentor Protégé Program with MJP Trucking
- Career Awareness Sessions
- Contractor Entrepreneur Sessions
- Community Outreach Events
- ACE Mentoring Program
- Educational Sessions with multiple Boys & Girls Clubs
- STEM Program with multiple CMSD 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Schools
- Face-to-Face Meetings with DBE, New, Small, Local and EDGE Contractors
- Community Service Projects
- Business Outreach Sessions
- St. Martin De Porres Work Study Program
- CMSD STEM Design Activity Challenge
- PBS Idea Stream
- Presentations & Tours with Tri-C Pre-apprenticeship Program
- CMSD STEM Career Fair Showcase
- Max Hayes High School Job Shadowing
- Street Law Career Conference with Shaw High School
- Attended & Sponsored the NEOHCC Gala
- News Channel 5 – Kaleidoscope ShowACE Mentoring
- Corporate Work-Study Program
- Tri-C Pre-Apprentice Presentations and Tours
North Olmsted Magazine 2015 - local spotlight
Article by Kristen Hampshire
Julianne Nader's work-hard-play-hard attitude is a winning combination.
See additional video below.