The Great Lakes Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ohio Civil Engineering Jobs
The Great Lakes Construction Co. is an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company based in Northeast Ohio. We are continually looking for talented people with experience in the construction industry. From job opportunities in Construction Management to Heavy Equipment Operating, there are hundreds of Civil Engineering jobs waiting for someone just like you to fill!
Interested in pursuing a career in civil engineering and construction? Why not come work for The Great Lakes Construction Co.? We offer a competitive benefits package and competitive salary, as well as a fun, friendly work environment. Apply today!
Send resumes to [email protected] or mail to
The Great Lakes Construction Co.
2608 Great Lakes Way
Hinckley, OH 44233
POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for ensuring job site safety, to include: assisting with training, documentation, audits and reporting. The Safety Coordinator will assist in safety management and coordination by researching, planning, developing and implementing programs, and procedures necessary to meet the compliance and safety needs of The Great Lakes Construction Co. and the project.
- Ensures EHS inspections / audits are completed as necessary to comply with regulations, laws or reporting requirements.
- Submits EHS compliance reports and recommendations to the Safety Director.
- Contributes to coordinating safety training for all employees.
- Assists supervisors in the investigation of all incidents and reports ensuring proper reporting.
- Leads and/or assists in safety meetings with emphasis on employee participation.
- Manages and maintains all environmental, health and safety related documents for the project.
- Assists in the processing of worker’s compensation claims and maintains necessary records of claims.
- Recommend policies and procedures to reduce risks.
- Conduct orientation for all new employees in safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Work with a focus on advancing safety.
- Assist the department Safety Director with all aspects of the Environmental, Safety & Health program for the facility, including continuous improvement of safety and health programs that are proactive, data based, and prioritized according to risk assessments and hazard reduction potential.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of EHS programs, policies, procedures and action plans, including employee training.
- Assist with maintenance and communication on safety key metrics.
- Represent safety and actively contribute on the Safety Committee.
- This list of responsibilities is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties Management deems necessary.
- OSHA 30 hour training completion required
- Knowledge of federal and state safety regulations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to write basic reports and follow up on issues
- Must have a valid driver’s license
PREFERRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field
- 5 years’ experience in relevant safety field
- Experience in construction safety training
- Work conditions are indoors in a normal non-smoking office environment and outdoors under all weather conditions.
- The majority of work schedule will be performed in the field.
- ESOP Company
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
The Great Lakes Construction Co. is a 100% employee owned company. As an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company, our employees share in the success and profits of the company. We are not just looking for employees - we are looking for partners to contribute to our continued success. You will enjoy the opportunity to grow as an employee owner in a results-oriented atmosphere.
The Great Lakes Construction Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. The Great Lakes Construction Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.